Thesis Rant

Just realized that I am, indeed, not passionate with my thesis topic.
I don't even understand. I used to have an interest in prison studies. Some of my best papers ever was "Juan vs. Johnny: Prison Gang Dynamics in Individualist and Collectivist Cultures".

Now, my study is on the "Reintegration of Ex-Convicts in the Society: A Narrative Approach" and I while I am reading RRLs, I realize that it is already an over - studied phenomenon.

I think I was just really overshadowed because I had an original topic which I have thought of for the past year already:
It is on the possible dangers of mental health awareness campaigns on people. Which, I simplified and made into a qualitative study of:
"Lives of People Diagnosed with Depression during the Rise of Mental Health Awareness Campaigns".

But I realize that my adviser was quite skeptical about it.
But I LOVE THAT TOPIC.

Bad thing I can only work when I'm passionate. Today I am not.

Damn.

Now, I am not motivated in doing my RRL because I can't find  a "gap" in literature and I feel like my study is not going to be a significant contribution to psychology.

So why do it in the first place?

Damn.

Comments

Popular Posts